The Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) is a combination of software, encryption technologies, processes and services that make possible the infrastructure integration for internet secure communications.
Public Key Infrastructure Layout
Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) use from an organization is the core safety of provided solutions and the key to ensuring the authentication and privacy of communications and transactions. Confirmation of safety on such infrastructure provides the necessary confidence to customers, partners and employees to maximize the online transaction or through internet or internal networks.
is a fully integrated PKI infrastructure designed to ensure Intranet, Extranet, Virtual Private Networks and e-Government applications, offering maximum flexibility, performance and scalability with the highest availability and security. Bull MetaPKI enables any organization to operate an integrated Public Key Infrastructure providing a full range of Certification Authorities and Registration services.
In addition provides the ability to host and operate services related Certification Authorities, Registration, Time-Stamping and OCSP.
Bull MetaPKI supports various types of digital certificates through a central management environment, such as S/MIME, IPsec, SSL etc. Digital certificates management made via a flexible web GUI.
Bull MetaPKI, provides:
- Certification Authorities and their keys Management,
- Application, renewal and revocation of digital certificates,
- Logging and digital certificates information management,
- Main digital certificate management environment,
- Registration Authority Operations Central management
- Disclosure certificates in directories,
- Multiple types certifications for different applications,
- Modular architecture, which allows the sharing of PKI systems,
- Full customization of certificates life cycle and the relevant Security Policy configuration from the Authorities Registration and Certification administrators with dynamic tools
Bull MetaPKI core consists of software and services that implement the Certification and Registration Authorities operations, user application processes for digital certificates, renewals management, directory services, private keys secure management and more.
Bull MetaPKI supports the following standards and protocols:
- LDAP v3
- Certificate Revocation List (CRL)
- OnLine Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP)
- Smart cards
- Encryption and hash algorithms (RSA, SHA-1, DES & 3DES)
- Public-Key Cryptography Standards (PKCS)
- Secure Communications Protocols (TLS, PEM, S-MIME, IPSEC, SSL)